RECYCLING & SUSTAINABILITY AT OOSC
Sustainability is so important to future preservation of our environment, our mountains and ultimately our ski resorts, so we made the decision to make a major change in 2018 and overhaul our entire manufacturing process.
We have decided to source only the finest recycled polyester for our outerwear and organic cotton for our soft goods for the 2018/2019 season.
All of our soft goods (T-shirts, Hoodies & Sweatshirts) are made from organic cotton and are all GOTS certified. Production also undergoes annual audits to comply with the FWF Code of Labour Practices in accordance with the International Labour Organisation’s conventions – meaning that the people making our goods are getting paid fairly for doing so!
We visited the factories and saw this process from the beginning which we found mind-blowing. And we bet you’re also questioning how plastic bottles become ski jackets? Well, like this:
- Plastic bottles are split up by colour, then cleaned, have their labels & caps removed,
and cut up into shavings which then become pellets
- The pellets are then fed through a hopper into huge machine where they are melted
down into fibres
- The fibres are then pulled apart, drawn out, cut up, stretched out and baled
- The baled yarn is then woven into fabric as we would know it
- We then print our amazing designs onto the material
- The material is then cut and made into our suits or jackets