Sustainability is incredibly important to future preservation of our environment, our mountains and ultimately our ski resorts.
We want future generations to enjoy the slopes as much as we do today, so we made the decision to make a major change in 2018 and overhaul our entire manufacturing process.
We decided to source only the finest recycled polyester for our outerwear and organic cotton starting with the 2018/2019 season.
SUSTAINABLE SKI WEAR
All of our ski wear soft goods (T-shirts, Hoodies & Sweatshirts) are made from organic cotton and are all GOTS certified.
Production also undergoes annual audits to comply with the FWF Code of Labour Practices in accordance with the International Labour Organisation’s conventions – meaning that the people making our environmentally friendly goods are getting paid fairly for doing so!
RECYCLED PLASTIC BOTTLES TO ECO FRIENDLY SKI CLOTHING
All of our technical ski jackets, ski suits and pants are made with 51% recycled polyester made from plastic bottles. To be more precise, our ski suits are made using over 50 plastic bottles, and jackets and pants from over 25 plastic bottles.
We visited the factories and saw this process from the beginning which we found mind-blowing.
And we bet you're also questioning how plastic bottles become ski jackets and suits? Well, like this:
- Plastic bottles are split up by colour, then cleaned, have their labels & caps removed, and cut up into shavings which then become pellets
- The pellets are then fed through a hopper into huge machine where they are melted down into fibres
- The fibres are then pulled apart, drawn out, cut up, stretched out and baled
- The baled yarn is then woven into fabric as we would know it We then print our amazing designs onto the material
- The material is then cut and made into our suits or jackets
Check out the video below for more info: