We're writing this as a whistle stop guide to 30 Apres bars in 10 resorts, there’s nothing worse than spending the first few days of your precious Après trying to find where the party is at!
After all our main ethos is to have fun on the slopes and hit Après ski as hard as possible. We intend to keep adding bars and resorts so if you have any recommendations of places that you went that made your week even more epic hit us up at email@example.com.
Apres Bars in France
- Chambre Neuf – Easily the best Après bar in town, Rammed with our Swedish friends and banging beats from 4pm, Get down early to get a table to dance on and enjoy live bands everyday for après. Happy hour kicks in after 7 when loads of cocktails are 2-4-1.
- Monkey Bar (Cham Sud) – Really popular with the seasonaires this intimate venue is always pumping it has live music, ping pong and tasty après grub ie burgers and tacos plus its only a 5 minute walk from the aiguille du midi lift.
- MBC – Burgers, Bands & Beers, A micro brewery that’s got a range of home made beers and some of the tastiest burgers in town, Weekly live music, well worth a visit on your holiday!
- La Folie Douce - Coming in first has to be the world famous La Folie Douce! Head to the Folie for an epic après session on the way back to Val or Tignes. Situated at the top of La Daille, the Folie offers beer and bubbles by the bucket load which will definitely put you in the perfect mood after a days riding. Knock back a few Vogels and you'll be dancing with Kelly Starlight (the outrageously fantastically camp-as-christmas hedonistic owner) and won't want the rambunctious house beats to finish as you forget about any real life issue or problem whilst you drink and dance the afternoon away! The ski down to La Daille / Tignes is always amusing after a Folie session but you can get the bubble if your legs have had enough!
- Moris Pub - For those of you that want less house and more head bang, head to the Moris Pub for some live music and some good old fashioned pints. Boding an authentic feel-at-home sticky floor, packed with off-duty seasonaires tasting the utmost delights of another shot of Jaeger, the Moris has it all. Awesome things happen when you combine live music and après revellers.
- Le Petit Danois - For a bit more of a chilled, yet super friendly après vibe, head to the Petit Danois. Slightly tucked away off the main street, the bar boasts pool tables and well priced beers. Staff always friendly and help you get in the après vibe. Easy for time to run away with you here and find yourself still in ski boots at 10pm!
If you do manage to make it through après and out the other side, a HUGE suggestion is to visit the Grand Marnier bar for some cheeky brandy's before stumbling your way to Dicks Tea Bar to finish yourself off...!
- Loop Bar - Situated at the bottom of the home run, has a good sized terrace and almost daily live music and happy hours. Popular with seasonaires and 20/30 something folk. Burgers and nachos are an Apres life saver!
- Couloir - Great for live music and near the Grande Motte lifts. Offers loads of Whiskeys and cocktails, not as hectic as its sister Loop Bar.
- Drop Zone - Situated in Val Claret gets the sun late as well as boasting a two hour happy hour and becomes a club later on in the night!
- Le Rond Point (aka The Ronny) - The biggest bar in the alps, has live music pretty much every day and is popular with tourists and seasonaires alike! It has a large terrace for spring apres in the sun and does well priced food and a happy hour! Gets rammed when La Folie closes its doors at 5pm and is pumping until at least 7!
- La Folie Douce - As you would expect with all Folie’s this place kicks off!! Get there from 3pm to catch the madness and ensure that you grab yourself a table to dance on! This Folie is bigger than its sister in Val Thorens and you will find it by the mid-station at La Saulire.
- Jacks - Located at eh bottom of the Chaudanne lift, Jacks has a busy happy hour and is popular with seasonaires and often has live music & comedy nights.
- Bar 360 - Huge Terrace, Banging Apres, Daily DJs, Noodle bar; what more could you need?
- Le Malaysia - Has the claim of the biggest dancefloor in the alps, and is still going until 5pm, although no chance of seeing first lifts if you make it out until the end!
- Frog & Roast Beef - The higest pub in the world, Attracts a younger crowd and offers loud music, good prices; including a two hour happy hour from 530 youll find her on the Plein Sud Blue run.
Apres Bars in Switzerland
- Le Farinet - Although it is known to most for its ridiculous range of backcountry and off piste skiing, and hosting the finals to the Audi Freeride world tour, Verbier has a few secrets to its Après Ski and nightlife scene! No, Verbier doesn’t have La Folie or Pano Bar but it does have Le Farinet! The centre of town live music, bar dancing, beer throwing, ‘lets get naked’ Après bar. And if that isn’t enough, carry on to T-Bar right next door for the later night version!!
- Le Rouge - Those of you more interested in Apres hosted by a DJ instead, there is of course Le Rouge – Ski in-Ski out location with a gorgeous terrace! And of course that doesn’t end there either... Continue to the sister nightclub Etoile Rouge where your discount card never ends!!
- Pub Mont Fort - And last of our favourites, and certainly not the least – Pub Mont Fort! The perfect place to end an amazing day on the hill with your pals. Great happy hour prices everyday, amazing sunset terrace, Pub-grub for Kings, music for all including regular live bands such as the infamous Sound Casters, and events all through the season to keep locals on their toes, which of course includes the most insane and relentless ‘One Piece Descent’!!
- The Crap Bar - This 24 tonne concrete bad boy Is often the hotspot for Snowboarders and Freestyle skiiers to meet up after sessioning Laax’s famous Super pipe or massive park, it has some great basslines and a generally fun vibe, if you’re looking for some trendier Apres.
- The Rock Bar - It’s at the top of the main lift in town the Crap Sogn Gion, and is known for a great gluhwein, cheesy Europop and an amazing view of the the Flims valley, just make sure you leave before it gets dark and the Piste bashers chase you down the mountain!
- The Rider’s Palace - A Great place to stay as well as having a really uber cool bar that has that wow factor when you walk in, the club also hosts some massive names of all genres of music, just look in advance and buy your tickets before you get to resort!
Apres Bars in Austria
- Krazy Kangaruh/KKs - This place needs no introduction, its well known within the ski community for its raucous apres. It kicks off everyday from 4pm and is on the home run into Anton, food is served along with copious steins, just make a mental note of where you left your skis at it gets hectic as the sun drops!
- The Mooservert - Basically opposite KKs on the side of the Galzig home run, the self-proclaimed “world’s baddest Apres bar” is a must see on any trip to Anton trays of Jager, stacked beer glasses along cheesy Europop combined with massive crowds and table dancing make this a true alpine legend!
- The Anton Bar - Next to the Galzigbahn cable car. It plays ski and snowboard videos and has a cool crowd with DJs playing banging house tunes, well worth a visit!
- Pilzbar - The first stop on your way home at the end of the skiing day situated at the top of The Penkenbahn lift. it has a large umbrella, terrace & live music perfect to start your Apres session with a few flugels, Gluhweins & some Europop classics!
- The Scotland Yard Pub - Right in the centre of town, popular with Brits and seasonaires gets loud and lively and it actually used to be the Mayrhofen police station.
- Harakiri Bar - Named after the steepest piste in the world which you can find in Mayrhofen, The Harakiri is along the main strip, a bit more sophisticated but as with all Mayrhofen venues has a tendency to really kick off without a seconds notice!
- Umbrella Bar - Sat next to the Giggloch lift this place gets busy its intimate and offers classic Austrian Apres!
- Mogul Bar - Dancing in ski boots to Europop and Austrian classics, attacts a younger crowd and is popular with Seasonaires.
- Fire & Ice - Flame Throwers, Foam Parties and Dancers EVERYDAY!! One of the best clubs in the alps and attacts some big name DJs throughout the season!